Updated Aug 1, 2013 - 1:09 pm
Mysterious lights, possibly UFOs, filmed over Tucson
The unexplainable returns to Arizona, this time in the form of possible UFOs flying over Tucson.
According to the Huffington Post, the lights were spotted on July 28 by YouTuber Cbazz.
My family and I witnessed these strange amber lights in Tucson on our way home from dinner. There were seven or eight of them crossing the sky, some solo, and others in pairs flying very very close together.
The video shows numerous red dots flickering the skies. Cbazz said there was no sound from the lights and were flying low enough that he should have heard something.
Living in this part of the country we often hear fighter jets from the Air Force base, but we are used to that and it is always recognizable and very loud.
However, as the host of SyFy's "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files" said, the lights were likely something a little less E.T.
"In my opinion both videos are definitely man-made, combustible objects -- most likely Chinese lanterns," according to Ben Hansen, a former FBI special agent whose investigative skills have been used to analyze thousands of videos and photographs of alleged paranormal events.
This would not be the first time UFOs have been spotted over the desert. Some strange lights were captured on New Year's Eve over Surprise, Ariz.
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell
- Giddyup: It's victory or bust for drivers in NASCAR's Sprint Cup this season