Updated Aug 1, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Photo of Marine running with child goes viral
This Marine knows what it means to be a community member.
According to the Huffington Post, Lance Cpl. Myles Kerr let his Marine buddies beat him in the Jeff French Memorial 5K because someone needed his help.
That someone? Nine-year-old Brandon Fuchs.
The boy had become separated from those who he had started the race with. He asked Lcpl Kerr, "Sir? Will you please run with me?"
Someone snapped the photo of Kerr, who ran in his military boots, pants and rucksack, and Fuchs running side-by-side and posted it to the Seal of Honor Facebook page, where it quickly went viral.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell
- Giddyup: It's victory or bust for drivers in NASCAR's Sprint Cup this season