One Valley insect isn't casting its vote for Sen. Jeff Flake.
According to Politico, Flake was stung by a scorpion on Thursday morning.
A spokeswoman for Flake said that the senator's left arm was still a bit numb on Thursday, but that he said it was "no big deal," calling it a routine desert experience.
Flake is no stranger to the outdoors. The freshman senator took a trip to an uninhabited island in the Pacific over Memorial Day weekend with two of his sons.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell