A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputy has set a new record for citizen-filed complaints.
According to CBS News, Sheriff's Deputy Elton Simmons has been part of more than 25,000 traffic stops over the past 20 years and has never received a single complaint.
Until the captain told him, Elton didn't even know he had such a record, let alone how he got it. "It's just how I do it every day," he said.
Elton is known for developing a quick rapport with drivers and not guilt-tripping them or pulling an attitude. Basically, he breaks the stereotype of patrol officers.
"You know what it is, it's his smile," said driver Mike Viera, who just got a ticket. "He's got a great smile. He's a nice guy. How could you be mad at that guy?"
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell