I'm pretty sure 911 isn't supposed to be used for this.
According to KPTV.com, an Oregon teenager called 911 on Wednesday with a "ridiculous question:" She wanted to know what she should do after finding a big spider on her couch.
"I'm home alone and there is a giant spider on the back of my couch, and I'm talking giant. I've never seen a spider this big and I have no idea what to do," she told the slightly perplexed dispatcher, according to 911 records.
The girl said the spider was about the size of a baseball and police actually went to her house to check it out. As it turns out, a baseball is smaller then we all thought. The spider was only about two inches in diameter and was taken care of with a rolled-up newspaper.
At least the girl had a good reason for calling: Her mother was bitten earlier in the week by a poisonous spider.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell