A magazine has published an in-depth look at the stories of the Granite Mountain Hotshots, 19 of which were killed battling the Yarnell Hill Fire in June.
The article, published on outsideonline.com, takes a look at what the hotshots were doing the day before they were called to the fire. It ends with the families of the hotshots saying goodbye.
Get the tissues ready, because there are some portions that are particularly difficult to read. The author, "Outside" Associate Editor Kyle Dickman, didn't pull too many punches.
As part of the piece, "Outside" also created a seven-minute video interview with the only hotshot who survived, Brendan "Donut" McDonough. You can watch that below.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell