A video of a fatal August shootout between an Oregon State Police officer and a suspect was released Thursday.
According to KTVB.com, the video shows 34-year-old John Van Allen II immediately getting out of his car after being pulled over by Oregon State Trooper Matthew Zistel.
A small yelling match occurs and Zistel orders Allen to get back into his car numerous times.
Allen then pulls a pistol out and begins firing rapidly at the trooper while advancing on his police car. Gunfire is exchanged and Allen withdraws, showing no sign of injury.
Allen drove off but was found a dead a few miles down the highway. He was killed by a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Zistel was hit in the side. He made a full recovery.
According to the Daily Mail, three children were in Allen's car at the time of the shooting. None were injured.
Allen was a father of five and an Army Reserve veteran.
WARNING: THE VIDEO BELOW CONTAINS VIOLENT CONTENT.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell