Someone down at the National Weather Service is feeling the crunch of the partial government shutdown.
According to NBC News an unknown employee created an early morning weather alert for Anchorage that contained a secret message.
The message? "PLEASE PAY US."
The first letters of each line of the paragraph spell it out — a type of simple code called an acrostic.
Despite the secret message, NBC News learned that weather forecasters were not affected by shutdown-related furloughs.
No one at the Anchorage office knew how the message made it online.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell