This is why the Internet is awesome.
A photo of a severely wounded Army Ranger saluting went viral on Facebook after being shared by the soldier's wife.
According to the Huffington Post, the image is of John Hargis who was wounded by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan.
Before he was transferred to the U.S., the Ranger Regimental Commander performed the Purple Heart ceremony at his bedside. But as he leaned over Hergis, the resilient ranger -- whom everyone believed to be unconscious -- pushed away his doctor so that he could properly salute his commander.
Four men from Hargis' team were killed in the attack.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell