Couldn't this lady just hand out apples?
According to Valley News Live, a North Dakota woman plans to hand out notes to "semi-obese" kids instructing parents to control their candy intake.
The letter reminds parents of the adage that it takes a village to raise a child and the author, only identified as Cheryl, apparently feels that some "villagers" (a.k.a. neighbors) aren't feeding their kids a healthy enough diet.
You [sic] child is, in my opinion, moderately obese and should not be consuming sugar and treats to the extent of some children this Halloween season. My hope is that you will step up as a parent and ration candy this Halloween and not allow your child to continue these unhealthy eating habits.
Cheryl also called into a local radio station and said she feels it's irresponsible of parents to send overweight kids out for candy simply because "everyone else is doing it."
Um, happy Halloween?
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell