Minnesota GOP posts, deletes controversial slavery meme
That "Share" button can get a bit tricky at times.
According to the Huffington Post, the Chisago County (Minn.) Republican Party learned that lesson the hard way Thursday when they posted a slavery meme to its Facebook page and quickly deleted it.
MSNBC host Ed Schultz took a screenshot of the meme before it was deleted and posted it to his own Facebook page, where it was shared thousands of times.
The party apologized for the post and has removed all administrators from the page while it investigates.
"The Chisago County Republican Party is very sorry that something so clearly improper (either intended or in poor taste) ever made it to our page," wrote the party's executive committee on Facebook. "Postings like this are not representative of our party. We are a party that believes in Freedom for all Americans regardless of race or religion. It is after all where the Republican Party came from in its origins, the anti-slavery movement."
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell