Specialty cakes shaped like celebrities have slowly gained traction throughout the years, but a British woman has taken it to the next level.
Lara Clarke of Brownshill, England, has constructed a life-size cake of Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow character from "Pirates of the Caribbean." Yahoo OMG! says the cake comes in at 5 feet, 5 inches and took 90 hours to make.
Not only is the concoction improbably tall, but it's three-dimensional as well, shaped just like the 50-year-old actor.
Depp's listed height is 5-foot-10, but Clarke said she had to cut it a little short because she worried about transporting it and fitting it through doorways. She made the cake to enter into a contest.
Yahoo reports Clarke's "cake" is actually more like a large Rice Krispie Treat, made out of toasted rice and marshmallow, which explains its ability to stand.
Clarke has made other large cakes before -- shaped as celebrities such as Kate Middleton and Miley Cyrus.
The Jack Sparrow cake is likely past its expiration date to eat, but sails on as an impressive piece of art.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell