The mother of 8-year-old Jack Robbins was amazed when she realized her son was singing "Roar" by Katy Perry.
"I was elated," Jacks mom, Carla, recently told WFAA-TV in Dallas.
Jake has a form of autism that limits his communication, and this was the first time he's managed to speak more than a just few words on his own.
Carla filmed Jack's beautiful singing and uploaded the video to YouTube, where it quickly went viral.
"We heard our nonverbal autistic son saying or singing something repeatedly every day and we thought it was meaningless sounds," Carla wrote in the video's description.
Carla hopes the clip will reach the pop star so she can have the chance to hear little Jack roar.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell