Updated Nov 17, 2013 - 4:46 pm
Rihanna leasing LA home at discounted rate
Want to rent out a celebrity's home in a posh California neighborhood at a "bargain" rate?
If you act fast, you can move into singer Rihanna's home in the Pacific Palisades community of Los Angeles at a discounted rate of $65,000 a month, according to Yahoo! The real rent is $100,000 a month, but it won't inflate to that rate until January 2014.
The pop singer bought the 9,595-square-foot home in December 2012 for roughly $12 million. She is currently living in a condo in Chinatown in Manhattan, and has turned to leasing out her L.A. home, which was built in 2012 and has 7 bedrooms, 9 baths and media and game rooms.
Yahoo! says she's had at least three attempted break-ins -- one successful -- since buying the L.A. pad, but the home comes equipped with "smart home" security, among other high-end features.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell