Yes, the Kansas City Chiefs are the surprise of the NFL after entering Sunday with a 9-0 record. And, yes, the Denver Broncos are one of the team's major rivals. But, is that worth selling your wedding rings in order to get to see the Dec. 1 Chiefs-Broncos game in person?
It was to one Kansas woman.
She made headlines by putting up her rings on Craigslist last week, and the Huffington Post reported Friday she found a taker.
Kansas City resident Rusty Jones, 49, gave two pairs of tickets to the unidentified woman in exchange for the wedding rings. Jones said he's been a Chiefs season ticket holder for 20 years and that he had been thinking about getting engagement rings with his girlfriend.
The trade didn't just land the unidentified woman Chiefs-Broncos tickets. She also got tickets for the Chiefs game against the San Diego Chargers on Nov. 24 due to the high appraised value of the rings.
USA Today says the woman had the engagement ring and wedding band from a previous marriage and that she had little emotional connection to them. She found it more important to get tickets to the Chiefs-Broncos game to surprise her husband for his 40th birthday.
Let's hope the Chiefs make the effort worth her while.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell