A Super anniversary for the NFL
NEW YORK - Football is celebrating an important anniversary. It's now 30 years since the NFL surpassed Major League Baseball as America's favorite sport. In the first Harris poll conducted in 1985, football edged baseball by one percentage point, 24-23. The gap has widened considerably over the years, where 35 percent of those surveyed now claim football is No. 1. Only 14 percent say the same about baseball. College football is third (11 percent), followed by auto racing (seven percent).
Dan Bickley, Host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell
- Giddyup: It's victory or bust for drivers in NASCAR's Sprint Cup this season
- In the wake of SB 1062, Cactus League arriving just in time