The Cactus League has its own smell. It's a seductive mix of hot dogs, grilled onions and sun-tan lotion. It's enough to make you weep.
The first scent of the season wafted by at 12:45 p.m. Wednesday, and sent my spirits soaring. ¬†I wished the smell could reach the jet stream, exported to nostrils across America, affirming that plenty of good things come from Arizona, too.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell