NBC's Costas back at work Monday from Sochi Games
SOCHI, Russia (AP) - NBC's Bob Costas plans to make his return to NBC on Monday after being off the air for a week with an eye infection.
NBC said Sunday that "Today" host Matt Lauer will sub for Costas one last time on NBC's Sunday night telecast, and that Costas is preparing for his return in prime-time Monday.
The long-time Olympics host started duty in Sochi with one eye reddened from an infection that he hoped would clear up quickly. Instead, it spread to his other eye. It made his vision sight blurry and it was difficult for him to work, and his red eyes were a popular topic on social media.
Lauer and Meredith Vieira have filled in for him.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- It’s Paul’s Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday February 24Zack Greinke doesn’t want to go down under.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi - Friday February 21Has it really been 25 years, Bill and Ted?
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Friday February 21George Gosbee checks in from the Winter Olympics.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday February 20How is Russia coping with yesterday's hockey loss?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday February 19Coyotes captain Shane Doan talks Olympic hockey.