Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close
Bonneville Phoenix Network
 KTAR News
 Arizona Sports
Login or Register

MAKHACHKALA, Russia (AP) - The father of the Boston bombing suspects says he has indefinitely put off returning to the U.S. because he is too sick to make the trip from Russia.

Anzor Tsarnaev announced plans last week to travel to the U.S. in the hope of seeing his jailed younger son and burying his elder one.

But the 46-year-old Tsarnaev told The Associated Press on Wednesday that those plans are off, saying he is suffering from bad headaches and high blood pressure. He said he still hopes to go when he is feeling better.

Speaking by cell phone, Tsarnaev refused to say where he was. He said he remains on Russian territory, but is no longer in the southern province of Dagestan, where he had been living, or in neighboring Chechnya.


(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
share this story:
Attention ArizonaSports.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation with all fans of Arizona sports teams by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing Arizona Sports (KTAR) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus