Updated Oct 19, 2011 - 11:11 am
Pittsburgh West? Many Cardinals have Steelers ties
The Cardinals feature four players and seven coaches who at one point used to either play or coach for Sunday's opponent.
Here's the list of all the former Steelers that are now employed by the Cards.
Whisenhunt, the current head coach of the Cardinals. Whisenhunt coached for the Steelers from 2001 to 2006. He was the tight ends coach between 2001-2003, then was promoted to offensive coordinator at the start of the 2004 season, where he stayed before leaving for the Cardinals in 2007. He helped coach the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory in 2005.
Grimm is currently the assistant head coach and offensive line coach. Grimm held the same title while in Pittsburgh. He was with the Steelers the same years Ken Whisenhunt was with the team.
Horton was the defensive backs coach for the Steelers for seven seasons, 2004-2010. Pittsburgh defenses ranked in the top ten of the league every season Horton was on the staff, and he also helped develop players like Troy Polamalu and Ike Taylor. Horton brought a version of Dick LeBeau's 3-4 defense to Arizona, something the team is still adjusting to.
Although Lott has never coached for the Steelers he did play for the team in 1987 as an offensive lineman. Lott is the current strength and conditioning coach for the Cardinals.
Raich is yet another former Steeler that followed head coach Whisenhunt to the desert, currently serving as the linebackers coach. Raich was with the Steelers from 2004 to 2006, serving as an offensive assistant to Whisenhunt.
Townsend is in his first season as a coach, serving as the assistant defensive backs coach. Prior to beginning his coaching career Townsend played cornerback for the Steelers for 12 seasons, 1998-2009. He won two Super Bowls with the team, playing under many of the current coaches on the Cardinals.
Spencer is currently serving as the special teams coach after holding down the same position for Pittsburgh from 2002 to 2006 In 2003 was named the NFL Special Teams Coach of the Year.
Porter is the most notable ex-Steeler still playing for the Cardinals. Porter spent his first eight seasons with the Steelers before moving on to Miami, where he played before making his way here to Arizona. Porter compiled 60 sacks while wearing the black and yellow.
The defensive tackle spent the past four seasons in Pittsburgh. Eason played in 55 games and had 63 total tackles and three sacks in his time with the Steelers. This season Eason has played in all five games, recording two total tackles.
The linebacker played with the Steelers between 2001-2007. During his seven seasons with Pittsburgh Haggans recorded 316 tackles, 32.5 sacks and forced 12 fumbles. In four season with the Cardinals he has 152 tackles, 11 sacks and four forced fumbles.
Crezdon has only played two NFL season, his first with Pittsburgh. With the Steelers he only played in four games, recording just one tackle. This season Butler has played in one game, has since been put on injured reserve.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!