Updated Nov 29, 2011 - 9:14 pm
Beanie Wells thinks Tressel would be great for ASU
PHOENIX - Many names have already been thrown out as potential head coach candidates for the ASU job, but Cardinals running back Beanie Wells believes his former coach Jim Tressel would be a good fit in Tempe.
"If I was ASU, I would jump on him immediately. He's a good football coach and would work wonders for the program," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
Tressel was forced to resign back in May amid allegations of rules violations during the 2010 season.
While Wells was quick to point out Tressel's accomplishments, he also said it would be prudent for ASU to be cautious.
"With any situation, you want to be cautious and see the sanctions and the penalties he's going to have to face," said Wells.
Tressel is an intriguing name and would be a major splash if ASU were to hire him, but it's hard to say if he's learned his lesson because the last thing ASU needs is a major scandal in a few years.
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l