Updated Nov 29, 2011 - 9:14 pm
Beanie Wells thinks Tressel would be great for ASU
PHOENIX - Many names have already been thrown out as potential head coach candidates for the ASU job, but Cardinals running back Beanie Wells believes his former coach Jim Tressel would be a good fit in Tempe.
"If I was ASU, I would jump on him immediately. He's a good football coach and would work wonders for the program," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
Tressel was forced to resign back in May amid allegations of rules violations during the 2010 season.
While Wells was quick to point out Tressel's accomplishments, he also said it would be prudent for ASU to be cautious.
"With any situation, you want to be cautious and see the sanctions and the penalties he's going to have to face," said Wells.
Tressel is an intriguing name and would be a major splash if ASU were to hire him, but it's hard to say if he's learned his lesson because the last thing ASU needs is a major scandal in a few years.
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?