Updated Nov 29, 2011 - 9:14 pm
Beanie Wells thinks Tressel would be great for ASU
PHOENIX - Many names have already been thrown out as potential head coach candidates for the ASU job, but Cardinals running back Beanie Wells believes his former coach Jim Tressel would be a good fit in Tempe.
"If I was ASU, I would jump on him immediately. He's a good football coach and would work wonders for the program," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
Tressel was forced to resign back in May amid allegations of rules violations during the 2010 season.
While Wells was quick to point out Tressel's accomplishments, he also said it would be prudent for ASU to be cautious.
"With any situation, you want to be cautious and see the sanctions and the penalties he's going to have to face," said Wells.
Tressel is an intriguing name and would be a major splash if ASU were to hire him, but it's hard to say if he's learned his lesson because the last thing ASU needs is a major scandal in a few years.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.