Updated Nov 29, 2011 - 9:14 pm
Beanie Wells thinks Tressel would be great for ASU
PHOENIX - Many names have already been thrown out as potential head coach candidates for the ASU job, but Cardinals running back Beanie Wells believes his former coach Jim Tressel would be a good fit in Tempe.
"If I was ASU, I would jump on him immediately. He's a good football coach and would work wonders for the program," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
Tressel was forced to resign back in May amid allegations of rules violations during the 2010 season.
While Wells was quick to point out Tressel's accomplishments, he also said it would be prudent for ASU to be cautious.
"With any situation, you want to be cautious and see the sanctions and the penalties he's going to have to face," said Wells.
Tressel is an intriguing name and would be a major splash if ASU were to hire him, but it's hard to say if he's learned his lesson because the last thing ASU needs is a major scandal in a few years.
- PFT: All signs point to' free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!