Updated Nov 29, 2011 - 9:14 pm
Beanie Wells thinks Tressel would be great for ASU
PHOENIX - Many names have already been thrown out as potential head coach candidates for the ASU job, but Cardinals running back Beanie Wells believes his former coach Jim Tressel would be a good fit in Tempe.
"If I was ASU, I would jump on him immediately. He's a good football coach and would work wonders for the program," said Wells on the Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show Tuesday.
Tressel was forced to resign back in May amid allegations of rules violations during the 2010 season.
While Wells was quick to point out Tressel's accomplishments, he also said it would be prudent for ASU to be cautious.
"With any situation, you want to be cautious and see the sanctions and the penalties he's going to have to face," said Wells.
Tressel is an intriguing name and would be a major splash if ASU were to hire him, but it's hard to say if he's learned his lesson because the last thing ASU needs is a major scandal in a few years.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.