Updated Dec 4, 2011 - 8:43 pm
Coach W knows LSH's value
Either way, it was the Cardinals fans that left the building smiling ear-to- ear after a LaRod Stephens-Howling touchdown in overtime.
"Yeah, just like the coach called it. It felt great to get my name called at the end of the game," Stephens-Howling said. "He told me he was going to be coming to me and we had guys blocking down field and that's what got me to the end zone."
The game-winning 52-yard reception for a touchdown was LSH's only catch of the game but head coach Ken Whisenhunt knows he's a big part of their offense despite being small in stature.
"Good player. Came up huge for us in our last two games. You know it just goes to show that sometimes great things come in small packages, and he made some good plays for us," Whisenhunt said.
The 5-foot-7, 185 pound running back did contribute in other ways as well. He recorded two rushes for 16 yards and three kick returns for a total of 66 yards.
Next up for LSH and the Cardinals…the 49ers on Sunday.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.