Updated Dec 4, 2011 - 8:43 pm
Coach W knows LSH's value
Either way, it was the Cardinals fans that left the building smiling ear-to- ear after a LaRod Stephens-Howling touchdown in overtime.
"Yeah, just like the coach called it. It felt great to get my name called at the end of the game," Stephens-Howling said. "He told me he was going to be coming to me and we had guys blocking down field and that's what got me to the end zone."
The game-winning 52-yard reception for a touchdown was LSH's only catch of the game but head coach Ken Whisenhunt knows he's a big part of their offense despite being small in stature.
"Good player. Came up huge for us in our last two games. You know it just goes to show that sometimes great things come in small packages, and he made some good plays for us," Whisenhunt said.
The 5-foot-7, 185 pound running back did contribute in other ways as well. He recorded two rushes for 16 yards and three kick returns for a total of 66 yards.
Next up for LSH and the Cardinals…the 49ers on Sunday.
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.