Updated Dec 4, 2011 - 8:43 pm
Coach W knows LSH's value
Either way, it was the Cardinals fans that left the building smiling ear-to- ear after a LaRod Stephens-Howling touchdown in overtime.
"Yeah, just like the coach called it. It felt great to get my name called at the end of the game," Stephens-Howling said. "He told me he was going to be coming to me and we had guys blocking down field and that's what got me to the end zone."
The game-winning 52-yard reception for a touchdown was LSH's only catch of the game but head coach Ken Whisenhunt knows he's a big part of their offense despite being small in stature.
"Good player. Came up huge for us in our last two games. You know it just goes to show that sometimes great things come in small packages, and he made some good plays for us," Whisenhunt said.
The 5-foot-7, 185 pound running back did contribute in other ways as well. He recorded two rushes for 16 yards and three kick returns for a total of 66 yards.
Next up for LSH and the Cardinals…the 49ers on Sunday.
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!