Cardinals win over Cowboys is extra sweet
Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb said he didn't think it would be before the game, but once he walked off the field a winner?
"Absolutely," he said. "All my friends probably had Dallas jerseys on. They're die-hard, so I'll be happy to slap them in the face whenever I see them."
The Cardinals topped their one-time division rivals 19-13 in overtime Sunday, giving the Cowboys a long plane ride home and their fans, many of whom were in attendance, a quiet exit from University of Phoenix Stadium.
It meant a lot to Cardinals fans, many of whom were fairly talkative on the way out of the stadium, and it pushed Larry Fitzgerald's record to 3-2 against the team in silver and blue.
Winners of the last three, it goes without saying that Fitzgerald likes seeing the star on his opponent's helmet. Of course, none of the victories have been easy. Arizona beat Dallas 27-26 on a Jay Feely field goal in the final seconds last season, and 30-24 after a blocked punt/touchdown in a 2008 overtime battle. The latest victory was, in reality, just par for the course.
"They've been great," he said, "they've all gone our way. You can't argue with those results."
No you can't, and you also can't argue with the fact that the Cardinals, playing in front of a sold-out stadium filled with plenty of fans rooting for the visitors, did a lot Sunday to re-establish a true home field advantage.
After all, the Cardinals won six home games in 2007 and 2008, before winning just four in 2009 and 2010. They started just 1-2 at University of Phoenix Stadium this season, but have won their last two tries.
"We take a lot of pride playing here at home," Fitzgerald said. "This is our home building and we always want to come in here and play well.
"I'm not saying we don't want to play well on the road, but especially when you come home in front of your home crowd you want to get wins."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.