The Hyphen's big play brings more attention
He is the kickoff return specialist on a team that has a rookie returning punts for touchdowns at record pace, he is a running back behind Beanie Wells, who is having a career season, and he is a coverage blocker on the punt return team.
Stephens-Howling does not mind not receiving a lot of attention despite his many contributions, in fact he tries to avoid it.
"There is always someone that is going to be able to make the play to win. The attention, you know that comes with it," Stephens-Howling told Arizona Sports 620's Dough and Wolf. "And for me, I try to fly under the radar and I don't really look for it. But if it is coming, it's coming for a good reason, that's okay with me."
The attention turns to Stephens-Howling after he brought a short pass from Kevin Kolb 52 yards in for the game winning touchdown in overtime against the Dallas Cowboys.
"That was a great win just because not too many outside of our own locker room even thought we had a chance to win," Stephens-Howling said. "But it was just great to come out with a victory and I think, I mean, I know our guys are a lot more confident now from that win and the way it happened."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.