Updated Dec 6, 2011 - 3:49 pm
Beanie Wells not worried about his workload
The running back, who is in the midst of a career season, has rushed the ball 201 times, good for an average of 18.3 times per game.
Some think that's not enough, but the player deferred to his coaches when it comes to how big his workload should be.
"I follow the coaches' game plan, I trust in what they're doing," Wells told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I've always been vocal about it before, I love getting the football, I love getting it in crunch-time situations, so I'm never going to shy away from that at all."
In other words, don't expect Wells to try and talk the coaches into giving him the ball.
"The coaches know I want the football and I don't really care how I get it -- I just want it," he said. "But I'm not in there calling plays or picking which play I like to run better, anything like that."
Wells has grown up quite a bit this season, whether by playing through pain or simply becoming a better running back. He's voiced displeasure over a lack of touches before, so not doing so anymore may be another sign of just how far he's come.
Of course, Wells is averaging 4.6 yards per carry and has scored nine times, so as long as he keeps playing like that and takes care of the football, he won't have to worry about his workload.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.