Updated Dec 20, 2011 - 4:01 pm
John Skelton vs. Tim Tebow: By the numbers
While Tim Tebow gets the national attention, Arizona's John Skelton has also done a good job winning games while not looking impressive in the process.
The second-year pro's knack for fourth quarter heroics even got teammate Larry Fitzgerald to compare him to Denver's QB, saying "Everybody talks about Tim Tebow and his record as a starter, you look at John's record and it's pretty good too."
So, naturally, we decided to put the idea that Skelton = Tebow to the test, by comparing their numbers. Then again, for these two QBs, maybe its best we throw the numbers out entirely. Ahh well, why waste perfectly good research?
|Player||J. Skelton||T. Tebow||Advantage|
|Record As a Starter||4-1*||7-2||Tebow|
|Google Search Results||1,480,000||218,000,000||Tebow|
|Yards Per Attempt||7.0||7.3||Tebow|
|Touchdowns (running+passing)||8||16||Tebow||Turnovers (interceptions+fumbles)||11||6||Tebow|
|Percent. of team's fans that hate him#||25||51||Skelton|
|4th Quarter comebacks||5||5||Tie|
|4th Quarter QB rating||93.5||106.3||Tebow|
|Saturday Night Live skits about||0||1||Tebow$|
*Skelton does not get credit for the win against San Francisco two weeks ago because Kevin Kolb started the game. He exited after three plays, with Skelton playing the rest of the way.
#These numbers are not verified in any way, shape or form. In fact, they may be boldfaced lies. Just guessing, here.
%As inspirational as Tebow is, this stat clearly shows Skelton gets more out of his teammates. Clearly.
$Do you subscribe to the theory that any publicity is good publicity? If so, this is clearly a win for Tebow. Plus, the skit was pretty funny.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.