Updated Dec 21, 2011 - 12:02 pm
Joey Porter placed on injured reserve
To fill Porter's roster spot, linebacker Brandon Williams was elevated from the practice squad.
Porter originally signed a three-year deal with the Cardinals in March of 2010 with a reputation as one of the league's most accomplished pass rushers.
In 2010, Porter played in 14 games, registering 50 total tackles and 5 quarterback sacks, which tied for the 2nd- most on the team.
Porter's season was cut short by a knee injury in 2011, and he had just 16 total tackles and 1 sack in 6 games.
The 13-year veteran is ranked 29th in league history with 98 career quarterback sacks.
Williams, who replaces Porter on the roster, signed to the Cardinals practice squad on November 22, after spending the 2010 season with the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas selected Williams out of Texas Tech in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
Williams will wear uniform #59.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!