Updated Dec 21, 2011 - 12:02 pm
Joey Porter placed on injured reserve
To fill Porter's roster spot, linebacker Brandon Williams was elevated from the practice squad.
Porter originally signed a three-year deal with the Cardinals in March of 2010 with a reputation as one of the league's most accomplished pass rushers.
In 2010, Porter played in 14 games, registering 50 total tackles and 5 quarterback sacks, which tied for the 2nd- most on the team.
Porter's season was cut short by a knee injury in 2011, and he had just 16 total tackles and 1 sack in 6 games.
The 13-year veteran is ranked 29th in league history with 98 career quarterback sacks.
Williams, who replaces Porter on the roster, signed to the Cardinals practice squad on November 22, after spending the 2010 season with the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas selected Williams out of Texas Tech in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
Williams will wear uniform #59.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!