Updated Dec 21, 2011 - 12:02 pm
Joey Porter placed on injured reserve
To fill Porter's roster spot, linebacker Brandon Williams was elevated from the practice squad.
Porter originally signed a three-year deal with the Cardinals in March of 2010 with a reputation as one of the league's most accomplished pass rushers.
In 2010, Porter played in 14 games, registering 50 total tackles and 5 quarterback sacks, which tied for the 2nd- most on the team.
Porter's season was cut short by a knee injury in 2011, and he had just 16 total tackles and 1 sack in 6 games.
The 13-year veteran is ranked 29th in league history with 98 career quarterback sacks.
Williams, who replaces Porter on the roster, signed to the Cardinals practice squad on November 22, after spending the 2010 season with the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas selected Williams out of Texas Tech in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
Williams will wear uniform #59.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?