Joey Porter placed on injured reserve
To fill Porter's roster spot, linebacker Brandon Williams was elevated from the practice squad.
Porter originally signed a three-year deal with the Cardinals in March of 2010 with a reputation as one of the league's most accomplished pass rushers.
In 2010, Porter played in 14 games, registering 50 total tackles and 5 quarterback sacks, which tied for the 2nd- most on the team.
Porter's season was cut short by a knee injury in 2011, and he had just 16 total tackles and 1 sack in 6 games.
The 13-year veteran is ranked 29th in league history with 98 career quarterback sacks.
Williams, who replaces Porter on the roster, signed to the Cardinals practice squad on November 22, after spending the 2010 season with the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas selected Williams out of Texas Tech in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
Williams will wear uniform #59.
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br