Updated Dec 21, 2011 - 12:02 pm
Joey Porter placed on injured reserve
To fill Porter's roster spot, linebacker Brandon Williams was elevated from the practice squad.
Porter originally signed a three-year deal with the Cardinals in March of 2010 with a reputation as one of the league's most accomplished pass rushers.
In 2010, Porter played in 14 games, registering 50 total tackles and 5 quarterback sacks, which tied for the 2nd- most on the team.
Porter's season was cut short by a knee injury in 2011, and he had just 16 total tackles and 1 sack in 6 games.
The 13-year veteran is ranked 29th in league history with 98 career quarterback sacks.
Williams, who replaces Porter on the roster, signed to the Cardinals practice squad on November 22, after spending the 2010 season with the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas selected Williams out of Texas Tech in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
Williams will wear uniform #59.
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.