Updated Jan 5, 2012 - 5:55 pm
Division 'honors' for five Cardinals
For the fourth straight year, Sando named his All-NFC West Offensive team, and for the fourth straight year wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald was on it. Fitzgerald didn't have a banner year as far as number of catches, but he did make the most of the ones he caught. The Pro Bowler had 80 receptions for 1,411 yards and eight touchdowns.
Fitzgerald was one of only four players to land on Sando's list for the fourth straight year, joining Rams running back Steven Jackson and defensive end Justin Smith and linebacker Patrick Willis of San Francisco.
The other offensive member was left guard Daryn Colledge, who beat out three others for the mention.
Arizona's Daryn Colledge edged out the 49ers' Mike Iupati at left guard. Colledge, as a seasoned veteran, was more consistent. Iupati was outstanding on his best plays. Colledge, signed from Green Bay in free agency, upped the standard for the position. I thought he was strong as a run blocker in particular.
On the defensive side of the ball, there were two Cardinals as well. Defensive end Calais Campbell got the nod, as did middle linebacker Daryl Washington. Campbell led the team with 8 sacks and knocked down 11 passes, while Washington ranked fourth in the division with 106 total tackles.
And on special teams, it was no surprise that Sando gave the nod to record-setting Cardinals punt returner Patrick Peterson as the kick returner. Peterson tied an NFL record with four punt returns for touchdowns, and amassed the 2nd-most punt return yards in a single season in league history.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.