Updated Jan 5, 2012 - 5:55 pm
Division 'honors' for five Cardinals
For the fourth straight year, Sando named his All-NFC West Offensive team, and for the fourth straight year wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald was on it. Fitzgerald didn't have a banner year as far as number of catches, but he did make the most of the ones he caught. The Pro Bowler had 80 receptions for 1,411 yards and eight touchdowns.
Fitzgerald was one of only four players to land on Sando's list for the fourth straight year, joining Rams running back Steven Jackson and defensive end Justin Smith and linebacker Patrick Willis of San Francisco.
The other offensive member was left guard Daryn Colledge, who beat out three others for the mention.
Arizona's Daryn Colledge edged out the 49ers' Mike Iupati at left guard. Colledge, as a seasoned veteran, was more consistent. Iupati was outstanding on his best plays. Colledge, signed from Green Bay in free agency, upped the standard for the position. I thought he was strong as a run blocker in particular.
On the defensive side of the ball, there were two Cardinals as well. Defensive end Calais Campbell got the nod, as did middle linebacker Daryl Washington. Campbell led the team with 8 sacks and knocked down 11 passes, while Washington ranked fourth in the division with 106 total tackles.
And on special teams, it was no surprise that Sando gave the nod to record-setting Cardinals punt returner Patrick Peterson as the kick returner. Peterson tied an NFL record with four punt returns for touchdowns, and amassed the 2nd-most punt return yards in a single season in league history.
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.