Updated Jan 5, 2012 - 5:55 pm
Division 'honors' for five Cardinals
For the fourth straight year, Sando named his All-NFC West Offensive team, and for the fourth straight year wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald was on it. Fitzgerald didn't have a banner year as far as number of catches, but he did make the most of the ones he caught. The Pro Bowler had 80 receptions for 1,411 yards and eight touchdowns.
Fitzgerald was one of only four players to land on Sando's list for the fourth straight year, joining Rams running back Steven Jackson and defensive end Justin Smith and linebacker Patrick Willis of San Francisco.
The other offensive member was left guard Daryn Colledge, who beat out three others for the mention.
Arizona's Daryn Colledge edged out the 49ers' Mike Iupati at left guard. Colledge, as a seasoned veteran, was more consistent. Iupati was outstanding on his best plays. Colledge, signed from Green Bay in free agency, upped the standard for the position. I thought he was strong as a run blocker in particular.
On the defensive side of the ball, there were two Cardinals as well. Defensive end Calais Campbell got the nod, as did middle linebacker Daryl Washington. Campbell led the team with 8 sacks and knocked down 11 passes, while Washington ranked fourth in the division with 106 total tackles.
And on special teams, it was no surprise that Sando gave the nod to record-setting Cardinals punt returner Patrick Peterson as the kick returner. Peterson tied an NFL record with four punt returns for touchdowns, and amassed the 2nd-most punt return yards in a single season in league history.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?