Updated Jan 5, 2012 - 5:55 pm
Division 'honors' for five Cardinals
For the fourth straight year, Sando named his All-NFC West Offensive team, and for the fourth straight year wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald was on it. Fitzgerald didn't have a banner year as far as number of catches, but he did make the most of the ones he caught. The Pro Bowler had 80 receptions for 1,411 yards and eight touchdowns.
Fitzgerald was one of only four players to land on Sando's list for the fourth straight year, joining Rams running back Steven Jackson and defensive end Justin Smith and linebacker Patrick Willis of San Francisco.
The other offensive member was left guard Daryn Colledge, who beat out three others for the mention.
Arizona's Daryn Colledge edged out the 49ers' Mike Iupati at left guard. Colledge, as a seasoned veteran, was more consistent. Iupati was outstanding on his best plays. Colledge, signed from Green Bay in free agency, upped the standard for the position. I thought he was strong as a run blocker in particular.
On the defensive side of the ball, there were two Cardinals as well. Defensive end Calais Campbell got the nod, as did middle linebacker Daryl Washington. Campbell led the team with 8 sacks and knocked down 11 passes, while Washington ranked fourth in the division with 106 total tackles.
And on special teams, it was no surprise that Sando gave the nod to record-setting Cardinals punt returner Patrick Peterson as the kick returner. Peterson tied an NFL record with four punt returns for touchdowns, and amassed the 2nd-most punt return yards in a single season in league history.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!