Updated Jan 5, 2012 - 5:55 pm
Division 'honors' for five Cardinals
For the fourth straight year, Sando named his All-NFC West Offensive team, and for the fourth straight year wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald was on it. Fitzgerald didn't have a banner year as far as number of catches, but he did make the most of the ones he caught. The Pro Bowler had 80 receptions for 1,411 yards and eight touchdowns.
Fitzgerald was one of only four players to land on Sando's list for the fourth straight year, joining Rams running back Steven Jackson and defensive end Justin Smith and linebacker Patrick Willis of San Francisco.
The other offensive member was left guard Daryn Colledge, who beat out three others for the mention.
Arizona's Daryn Colledge edged out the 49ers' Mike Iupati at left guard. Colledge, as a seasoned veteran, was more consistent. Iupati was outstanding on his best plays. Colledge, signed from Green Bay in free agency, upped the standard for the position. I thought he was strong as a run blocker in particular.
On the defensive side of the ball, there were two Cardinals as well. Defensive end Calais Campbell got the nod, as did middle linebacker Daryl Washington. Campbell led the team with 8 sacks and knocked down 11 passes, while Washington ranked fourth in the division with 106 total tackles.
And on special teams, it was no surprise that Sando gave the nod to record-setting Cardinals punt returner Patrick Peterson as the kick returner. Peterson tied an NFL record with four punt returns for touchdowns, and amassed the 2nd-most punt return yards in a single season in league history.
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?