Updated Jan 6, 2012 - 8:46 am
Cardinals' Horton to interview with Rams
This year, Ray Horton became Whisenhunt's third defensive coordinator in his five years at the helm. And there's at least a possibility that Whisenhunt will need to search for another d-coordinator for the 2012 season.
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Cardinals' assistant is going to be interviewed by an NFC West foe about their head coaching position.
The Rams fired Steve Spagnuolo after a disappointing 2-14 season. Spagnuolo went 10-38 in three years with St. Louis.
Horton just finished his first year as a coordinator after spending seven years under Dick LeBeau with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Cardinals took a while to adjust to Horton's defensive scheme, but once they did, they became one of the more improved defenses in the league. Over their last nine games, of which they won seven, the Cardinals defense allowed an average of just 18.3 points per contest. They had allowed 26.4 points per game during their first 7 games, including four straight where opponents scored 30 or more.
Word out of St. Louis is that the Rams' first choice is former Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher. Fisher reportedly met with team owner Stan Kroenke in Denver on Thursday. Fisher is also being pursued by the Miami Dolphins.
Another report out of St. Louis stated that the Rams could be interested in Cardinals' director of player personnel Steve Keim for their open GM job.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.