Updated Jan 6, 2012 - 8:46 am
Cardinals' Horton to interview with Rams
This year, Ray Horton became Whisenhunt's third defensive coordinator in his five years at the helm. And there's at least a possibility that Whisenhunt will need to search for another d-coordinator for the 2012 season.
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Cardinals' assistant is going to be interviewed by an NFC West foe about their head coaching position.
The Rams fired Steve Spagnuolo after a disappointing 2-14 season. Spagnuolo went 10-38 in three years with St. Louis.
Horton just finished his first year as a coordinator after spending seven years under Dick LeBeau with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Cardinals took a while to adjust to Horton's defensive scheme, but once they did, they became one of the more improved defenses in the league. Over their last nine games, of which they won seven, the Cardinals defense allowed an average of just 18.3 points per contest. They had allowed 26.4 points per game during their first 7 games, including four straight where opponents scored 30 or more.
Word out of St. Louis is that the Rams' first choice is former Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher. Fisher reportedly met with team owner Stan Kroenke in Denver on Thursday. Fisher is also being pursued by the Miami Dolphins.
Another report out of St. Louis stated that the Rams could be interested in Cardinals' director of player personnel Steve Keim for their open GM job.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.