Peyton Manning to Arizona a rumor, but could be more
After all, if Manning is healthy and if the Colts decide to cut him, he would only come to the desert if he wants to and, even then, only if the team decides it doesn't want to continue with Kevin Kolb.
In other words, plenty has to happen between now and the production of No. 18 Manning jerseys in Cardinal Red.
However, anyone who thinks CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly brought up the idea for pretty much no reason doesn't know Casserly, according to ESPN's Ron Jaworski.
"Charley Casserly is one of the most respected guys in the National Football League," Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "He's not a blogger out there pulling things out of the air and trying to get people's attention.
"Charley thinks everything out; he is well-connected to every single person in the National Football League."
So at the very least, Cardinals fans can move along under the impression that Casserly didn't connect one of the best QBs in the NFL to the Cardinals for no reason other than shock value.
"He doesn't say things unless he has sources that give him good information," Jaworski added. "When he comes out with a story there's some validity to it."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.