Updated Jan 12, 2012 - 4:11 pm
Peyton Manning to Arizona a rumor, but could be more
After all, if Manning is healthy and if the Colts decide to cut him, he would only come to the desert if he wants to and, even then, only if the team decides it doesn't want to continue with Kevin Kolb.
In other words, plenty has to happen between now and the production of No. 18 Manning jerseys in Cardinal Red.
However, anyone who thinks CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly brought up the idea for pretty much no reason doesn't know Casserly, according to ESPN's Ron Jaworski.
"Charley Casserly is one of the most respected guys in the National Football League," Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "He's not a blogger out there pulling things out of the air and trying to get people's attention.
"Charley thinks everything out; he is well-connected to every single person in the National Football League."
So at the very least, Cardinals fans can move along under the impression that Casserly didn't connect one of the best QBs in the NFL to the Cardinals for no reason other than shock value.
"He doesn't say things unless he has sources that give him good information," Jaworski added. "When he comes out with a story there's some validity to it."
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?