Updated Jan 12, 2012 - 4:11 pm
Peyton Manning to Arizona a rumor, but could be more
After all, if Manning is healthy and if the Colts decide to cut him, he would only come to the desert if he wants to and, even then, only if the team decides it doesn't want to continue with Kevin Kolb.
In other words, plenty has to happen between now and the production of No. 18 Manning jerseys in Cardinal Red.
However, anyone who thinks CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly brought up the idea for pretty much no reason doesn't know Casserly, according to ESPN's Ron Jaworski.
"Charley Casserly is one of the most respected guys in the National Football League," Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "He's not a blogger out there pulling things out of the air and trying to get people's attention.
"Charley thinks everything out; he is well-connected to every single person in the National Football League."
So at the very least, Cardinals fans can move along under the impression that Casserly didn't connect one of the best QBs in the NFL to the Cardinals for no reason other than shock value.
"He doesn't say things unless he has sources that give him good information," Jaworski added. "When he comes out with a story there's some validity to it."
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!