Updated Jan 12, 2012 - 4:11 pm
Peyton Manning to Arizona a rumor, but could be more
After all, if Manning is healthy and if the Colts decide to cut him, he would only come to the desert if he wants to and, even then, only if the team decides it doesn't want to continue with Kevin Kolb.
In other words, plenty has to happen between now and the production of No. 18 Manning jerseys in Cardinal Red.
However, anyone who thinks CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly brought up the idea for pretty much no reason doesn't know Casserly, according to ESPN's Ron Jaworski.
"Charley Casserly is one of the most respected guys in the National Football League," Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "He's not a blogger out there pulling things out of the air and trying to get people's attention.
"Charley thinks everything out; he is well-connected to every single person in the National Football League."
So at the very least, Cardinals fans can move along under the impression that Casserly didn't connect one of the best QBs in the NFL to the Cardinals for no reason other than shock value.
"He doesn't say things unless he has sources that give him good information," Jaworski added. "When he comes out with a story there's some validity to it."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?