Updated Jan 12, 2012 - 4:11 pm
Peyton Manning to Arizona a rumor, but could be more
After all, if Manning is healthy and if the Colts decide to cut him, he would only come to the desert if he wants to and, even then, only if the team decides it doesn't want to continue with Kevin Kolb.
In other words, plenty has to happen between now and the production of No. 18 Manning jerseys in Cardinal Red.
However, anyone who thinks CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly brought up the idea for pretty much no reason doesn't know Casserly, according to ESPN's Ron Jaworski.
"Charley Casserly is one of the most respected guys in the National Football League," Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "He's not a blogger out there pulling things out of the air and trying to get people's attention.
"Charley thinks everything out; he is well-connected to every single person in the National Football League."
So at the very least, Cardinals fans can move along under the impression that Casserly didn't connect one of the best QBs in the NFL to the Cardinals for no reason other than shock value.
"He doesn't say things unless he has sources that give him good information," Jaworski added. "When he comes out with a story there's some validity to it."
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?