Numbers say Patrick Peterson was the best returner
Tying an NFL record with four touchdowns, the Cardinals rookie averaged 15.9 yards per return, and his 699 total punt return yards were 156 more than the second-place total.
So maybe it should come as no surprise that the Football Outsiders at ESPN.com (Insider) put Peterson on their All-Pro team.
This one is not even close. Based on FO metrics, Peterson's returns were worth 21.0 points of estimated field position compared to average punt returns from the same locations. That's 10 points higher than any other punt returner in the league. Of course, that included four touchdown returns.
As we all saw this season, having a talent like Peterson returning punts can be a game-changer. Teams started punting away from the rookie, and when they were daring enough to send a ball his way he often times made them pay.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.