Updated Jan 13, 2012 - 1:56 pm
Jeff Fisher in NFC West makes challenge for Cards
Fisher did not coach this past season, as he was fired from the Titans in January 2011 after spending 16 seasons with the team. He has a coaching record of 142-120 and led the team to four division championships. Fisher also suffered a 23-16 loss to the Rams and Kurt Warner's MVP performance in the 1999 Super Bowl.
Moving to the NFC West means the Arizona Cardinals will have a coach in their division that relies heavily on defense and carries a record of 2-2 against them since 1994.
The last time they met, Arizona lost 20-17 after Vince Young led the Titans 99 yards in the final 2:37, finding Kenny Britt for a TD as time expired.
The Cardinals' wins against Fisher came in 1994, after the coach took over the then-Houston Oilers on an interim basis, and in 2005, when Josh McCown led the Cardinals to a 20-10 victory at Sun Devil Stadium.
Fisher's hiring in St. Louis can boost the power of the NFC West, as he is the fourth head coach in the division with playoff experience under his belt.
The 2-14 Rams have the second pick in the 2012 NFL Draft and a young quarterback in Sam Bradford, who has yet to see a winning season since coming from the University of Oklahoma in 2010.
Fisher also has the chance of hiring his own general manager and the opportunity of rebuilding a franchise that has not had a winning record since 2003.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.