Updated Jan 18, 2012 - 11:24 am
Todd Haley to Arizona as QB coach?
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reported Wednesday that Haley joining the Cardinals' staff as QB coach is a real possibility.
"Heard he is leaning that direction," Gambadoro tweeted.
One of the reasons Haley was a hot coaching candidate a few years back was because of the work he did with Kurt Warner, a veteran whose career seemed all but over before turning things around and leading the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. The Cardinals have struggled at the position since Warner retired, and bringing in someone like Haley to help mold Kevin Kolb and John Skelton would not be a bad idea.
After all, Haley did coax competency out of Matt Cassel in Kansas City, so you'd have to think he could do something similar with Arizona's QBs.
Then again, going from head coach to QB coach is a significant drop, especially when it was thought Haley could find a job as an offensive coordinator. That is the role he last held with the Cardinals, and a demotion (even if he's well compensated) may not be what he's looking for.
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.
- Paulie Pigskin Report - Sunday December 1Paul Calvisi catches up with AZ Cardinals LB Jasper Brinkley.