Updated Jan 18, 2012 - 11:24 am
Todd Haley to Arizona as QB coach?
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reported Wednesday that Haley joining the Cardinals' staff as QB coach is a real possibility.
"Heard he is leaning that direction," Gambadoro tweeted.
One of the reasons Haley was a hot coaching candidate a few years back was because of the work he did with Kurt Warner, a veteran whose career seemed all but over before turning things around and leading the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. The Cardinals have struggled at the position since Warner retired, and bringing in someone like Haley to help mold Kevin Kolb and John Skelton would not be a bad idea.
After all, Haley did coax competency out of Matt Cassel in Kansas City, so you'd have to think he could do something similar with Arizona's QBs.
Then again, going from head coach to QB coach is a significant drop, especially when it was thought Haley could find a job as an offensive coordinator. That is the role he last held with the Cardinals, and a demotion (even if he's well compensated) may not be what he's looking for.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!