Updated Jan 18, 2012 - 11:24 am
Todd Haley to Arizona as QB coach?
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reported Wednesday that Haley joining the Cardinals' staff as QB coach is a real possibility.
"Heard he is leaning that direction," Gambadoro tweeted.
One of the reasons Haley was a hot coaching candidate a few years back was because of the work he did with Kurt Warner, a veteran whose career seemed all but over before turning things around and leading the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. The Cardinals have struggled at the position since Warner retired, and bringing in someone like Haley to help mold Kevin Kolb and John Skelton would not be a bad idea.
After all, Haley did coax competency out of Matt Cassel in Kansas City, so you'd have to think he could do something similar with Arizona's QBs.
Then again, going from head coach to QB coach is a significant drop, especially when it was thought Haley could find a job as an offensive coordinator. That is the role he last held with the Cardinals, and a demotion (even if he's well compensated) may not be what he's looking for.
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.