Todd Haley to Arizona as QB coach?
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reported Wednesday that Haley joining the Cardinals' staff as QB coach is a real possibility.
"Heard he is leaning that direction," Gambadoro tweeted.
One of the reasons Haley was a hot coaching candidate a few years back was because of the work he did with Kurt Warner, a veteran whose career seemed all but over before turning things around and leading the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. The Cardinals have struggled at the position since Warner retired, and bringing in someone like Haley to help mold Kevin Kolb and John Skelton would not be a bad idea.
After all, Haley did coax competency out of Matt Cassel in Kansas City, so you'd have to think he could do something similar with Arizona's QBs.
Then again, going from head coach to QB coach is a significant drop, especially when it was thought Haley could find a job as an offensive coordinator. That is the role he last held with the Cardinals, and a demotion (even if he's well compensated) may not be what he's looking for.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br