Updated Jan 18, 2012 - 11:24 am
Todd Haley to Arizona as QB coach?
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reported Wednesday that Haley joining the Cardinals' staff as QB coach is a real possibility.
"Heard he is leaning that direction," Gambadoro tweeted.
One of the reasons Haley was a hot coaching candidate a few years back was because of the work he did with Kurt Warner, a veteran whose career seemed all but over before turning things around and leading the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. The Cardinals have struggled at the position since Warner retired, and bringing in someone like Haley to help mold Kevin Kolb and John Skelton would not be a bad idea.
After all, Haley did coax competency out of Matt Cassel in Kansas City, so you'd have to think he could do something similar with Arizona's QBs.
Then again, going from head coach to QB coach is a significant drop, especially when it was thought Haley could find a job as an offensive coordinator. That is the role he last held with the Cardinals, and a demotion (even if he's well compensated) may not be what he's looking for.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.