Updated Jan 18, 2012 - 2:16 pm
Newest mock has Cardinals taking Stanford tackle
ESPN NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper is one of them.
Kiper's latest mock draft, version 1.0, has the Cardinals taking Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin with their pick.
At 6-foot-6 and 304 pounds, Martin could be a big help to a team that featured the worst pair of tackles in the NFL. He was a 2nd Team All-American this season, and could fill a need if Levi Brown departs as a free agent.
However, Martin is known for his run blocking more than pass protection, so he may not be exactly what the Cardinals want.
Should the Cardinals take Martin -- or any other offensive lineman in the first round -- it will be the first time they've spent an early pick on the line since taking the aforementioned Levi Brown in 2007.
And we all know how that turned out.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.