Updated Jan 18, 2012 - 2:16 pm
Newest mock has Cardinals taking Stanford tackle
ESPN NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper is one of them.
Kiper's latest mock draft, version 1.0, has the Cardinals taking Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin with their pick.
At 6-foot-6 and 304 pounds, Martin could be a big help to a team that featured the worst pair of tackles in the NFL. He was a 2nd Team All-American this season, and could fill a need if Levi Brown departs as a free agent.
However, Martin is known for his run blocking more than pass protection, so he may not be exactly what the Cardinals want.
Should the Cardinals take Martin -- or any other offensive lineman in the first round -- it will be the first time they've spent an early pick on the line since taking the aforementioned Levi Brown in 2007.
And we all know how that turned out.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.