Updated Jan 18, 2012 - 2:16 pm
Newest mock has Cardinals taking Stanford tackle
ESPN NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper is one of them.
Kiper's latest mock draft, version 1.0, has the Cardinals taking Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin with their pick.
At 6-foot-6 and 304 pounds, Martin could be a big help to a team that featured the worst pair of tackles in the NFL. He was a 2nd Team All-American this season, and could fill a need if Levi Brown departs as a free agent.
However, Martin is known for his run blocking more than pass protection, so he may not be exactly what the Cardinals want.
Should the Cardinals take Martin -- or any other offensive lineman in the first round -- it will be the first time they've spent an early pick on the line since taking the aforementioned Levi Brown in 2007.
And we all know how that turned out.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!