Updated Jan 18, 2012 - 2:16 pm
Newest mock has Cardinals taking Stanford tackle
ESPN NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper is one of them.
Kiper's latest mock draft, version 1.0, has the Cardinals taking Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin with their pick.
At 6-foot-6 and 304 pounds, Martin could be a big help to a team that featured the worst pair of tackles in the NFL. He was a 2nd Team All-American this season, and could fill a need if Levi Brown departs as a free agent.
However, Martin is known for his run blocking more than pass protection, so he may not be exactly what the Cardinals want.
Should the Cardinals take Martin -- or any other offensive lineman in the first round -- it will be the first time they've spent an early pick on the line since taking the aforementioned Levi Brown in 2007.
And we all know how that turned out.
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?