Updated Jan 23, 2012 - 10:48 am
Cardinals search for QB coach could lead to Jackson
It was reported last week that former Cards OC and Chiefs HC Todd Haley could get the job, and late Sunday NFL insider Charley Casserly -- he of Peyton Manning to Arizona fame -- provided a new name for who could be the future Hall of Famer's next coach.
Jackson led the Raiders to an 8-8 record this season, a mark that was apparently not good enough to keep his job.
Prior to becoming the head coach at Oakland Jackson was the team's offensive coordinator, and before that he was the QB coach for the Baltimore Ravens, tutoring rookie Joe Flacco to a solid season and AFC Championship berth.
Of course like Haley, one would think Jackson would have better options available than joining a team as its QB coach, as that would be quite a drop after being a head coach the year before.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?