Updated Jan 23, 2012 - 10:48 am
Cardinals search for QB coach could lead to Jackson
It was reported last week that former Cards OC and Chiefs HC Todd Haley could get the job, and late Sunday NFL insider Charley Casserly -- he of Peyton Manning to Arizona fame -- provided a new name for who could be the future Hall of Famer's next coach.
Jackson led the Raiders to an 8-8 record this season, a mark that was apparently not good enough to keep his job.
Prior to becoming the head coach at Oakland Jackson was the team's offensive coordinator, and before that he was the QB coach for the Baltimore Ravens, tutoring rookie Joe Flacco to a solid season and AFC Championship berth.
Of course like Haley, one would think Jackson would have better options available than joining a team as its QB coach, as that would be quite a drop after being a head coach the year before.
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.