Updated Jan 23, 2012 - 11:01 am
ESPN insider: Cardinals in Manning mix
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Arizona Cardinals are on the short list of teams that Manning would sign with if he was released by the Colts. Indianapolis owns the first overall selection in this year's draft and is expected to take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. If this occurs, Manning's time with the Colts could be over.
Even though these rumors are not new, they are persisting, which is great news for Cardinals fans.
Earlier this month, Mike Chappell of The Indianapolis Star responded to a question from a reader about Manning's future in Indianapolis.
If the Colts decide to release Manning and he believes he still can play or has proven he is healthy enough to play, there will be a stampede to his door. There will be no lack of interest. If Peyton is healthy enough to play in 2012, he'll play and it likely will be for a contender.
These are not the first rumors about Manning coming to Arizona. A couple of weeks ago former NFL GM and current CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly planted the seed.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.