Updated Jan 23, 2012 - 11:01 am
ESPN insider: Cardinals in Manning mix
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Arizona Cardinals are on the short list of teams that Manning would sign with if he was released by the Colts. Indianapolis owns the first overall selection in this year's draft and is expected to take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. If this occurs, Manning's time with the Colts could be over.
Even though these rumors are not new, they are persisting, which is great news for Cardinals fans.
Earlier this month, Mike Chappell of The Indianapolis Star responded to a question from a reader about Manning's future in Indianapolis.
If the Colts decide to release Manning and he believes he still can play or has proven he is healthy enough to play, there will be a stampede to his door. There will be no lack of interest. If Peyton is healthy enough to play in 2012, he'll play and it likely will be for a contender.
These are not the first rumors about Manning coming to Arizona. A couple of weeks ago former NFL GM and current CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly planted the seed.
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?