Updated Jan 23, 2012 - 11:01 am
ESPN insider: Cardinals in Manning mix
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Arizona Cardinals are on the short list of teams that Manning would sign with if he was released by the Colts. Indianapolis owns the first overall selection in this year's draft and is expected to take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. If this occurs, Manning's time with the Colts could be over.
Even though these rumors are not new, they are persisting, which is great news for Cardinals fans.
Earlier this month, Mike Chappell of The Indianapolis Star responded to a question from a reader about Manning's future in Indianapolis.
If the Colts decide to release Manning and he believes he still can play or has proven he is healthy enough to play, there will be a stampede to his door. There will be no lack of interest. If Peyton is healthy enough to play in 2012, he'll play and it likely will be for a contender.
These are not the first rumors about Manning coming to Arizona. A couple of weeks ago former NFL GM and current CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly planted the seed.
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?