Updated Jan 23, 2012 - 11:01 am
ESPN insider: Cardinals in Manning mix
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Arizona Cardinals are on the short list of teams that Manning would sign with if he was released by the Colts. Indianapolis owns the first overall selection in this year's draft and is expected to take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. If this occurs, Manning's time with the Colts could be over.
Even though these rumors are not new, they are persisting, which is great news for Cardinals fans.
Earlier this month, Mike Chappell of The Indianapolis Star responded to a question from a reader about Manning's future in Indianapolis.
If the Colts decide to release Manning and he believes he still can play or has proven he is healthy enough to play, there will be a stampede to his door. There will be no lack of interest. If Peyton is healthy enough to play in 2012, he'll play and it likely will be for a contender.
These are not the first rumors about Manning coming to Arizona. A couple of weeks ago former NFL GM and current CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly planted the seed.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.