Updated Jan 23, 2012 - 11:01 am
ESPN insider: Cardinals in Manning mix
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Arizona Cardinals are on the short list of teams that Manning would sign with if he was released by the Colts. Indianapolis owns the first overall selection in this year's draft and is expected to take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. If this occurs, Manning's time with the Colts could be over.
Even though these rumors are not new, they are persisting, which is great news for Cardinals fans.
Earlier this month, Mike Chappell of The Indianapolis Star responded to a question from a reader about Manning's future in Indianapolis.
If the Colts decide to release Manning and he believes he still can play or has proven he is healthy enough to play, there will be a stampede to his door. There will be no lack of interest. If Peyton is healthy enough to play in 2012, he'll play and it likely will be for a contender.
These are not the first rumors about Manning coming to Arizona. A couple of weeks ago former NFL GM and current CBS NFL analyst Charley Casserly planted the seed.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up