Updated Jan 24, 2012 - 9:17 am
Two more Cardinals going under the knife
Running back Beanie Wells, who was bothered by a right knee injury all season long, will have surgery performed, but on Twitter, Wells himself was unclear as to which body part is undergoing the procedure.
Wells had his best season as a pro in 2011, running for 1,047 yards, which tied him for 14th in the league with Tennessee's Chris Johnson. Wells also set a Cardinals franchise single-game record with 228 yards in a a 23-20 win over the St. Louis Rams on November 27.
The other Cardinal scheduled to go under the knife is cornerback Michael Adams. Adams tweeted about the surgery on Tuesday.
But Adams surgery isn't football related. The 26-year-old is having his tonsils taken out. Adams played in 15 games for Arizona in 2011, registering 31 tackles and 3 passes defensed.
Last week, starting guard Daryn Colledge underwent surgery on his elbow.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.