Updated Jan 24, 2012 - 5:58 pm
Beanie Wells undergoes knee surgery
Well, the operation is done.
RB Beanie Wells did indeed have arthroscopic surgery on his right knee today. The procedure was performed by Dr. James Andrews in Florida.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) January 25, 2012
Wells rushed for 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns last season -- both career marks -- but sputtered down the stretch, failing to top the 70-yard mark in each of his last four games. Wells didn't play in the season finale.
Wells should be ready to go for next year, though, and the hope is that he'll combine with 2011 2nd-round pick Ryan Williams to form one of the better running back tandems in the NFL.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.