Updated Jan 24, 2012 - 5:58 pm
Beanie Wells undergoes knee surgery
Well, the operation is done.
RB Beanie Wells did indeed have arthroscopic surgery on his right knee today. The procedure was performed by Dr. James Andrews in Florida.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) January 25, 2012
Wells rushed for 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns last season -- both career marks -- but sputtered down the stretch, failing to top the 70-yard mark in each of his last four games. Wells didn't play in the season finale.
Wells should be ready to go for next year, though, and the hope is that he'll combine with 2011 2nd-round pick Ryan Williams to form one of the better running back tandems in the NFL.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!