Updated Jan 24, 2012 - 5:58 pm
Beanie Wells undergoes knee surgery
Well, the operation is done.
RB Beanie Wells did indeed have arthroscopic surgery on his right knee today. The procedure was performed by Dr. James Andrews in Florida.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) January 25, 2012
Wells rushed for 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns last season -- both career marks -- but sputtered down the stretch, failing to top the 70-yard mark in each of his last four games. Wells didn't play in the season finale.
Wells should be ready to go for next year, though, and the hope is that he'll combine with 2011 2nd-round pick Ryan Williams to form one of the better running back tandems in the NFL.
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.