Updated Jan 24, 2012 - 5:58 pm
Beanie Wells undergoes knee surgery
Well, the operation is done.
RB Beanie Wells did indeed have arthroscopic surgery on his right knee today. The procedure was performed by Dr. James Andrews in Florida.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) January 25, 2012
Wells rushed for 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns last season -- both career marks -- but sputtered down the stretch, failing to top the 70-yard mark in each of his last four games. Wells didn't play in the season finale.
Wells should be ready to go for next year, though, and the hope is that he'll combine with 2011 2nd-round pick Ryan Williams to form one of the better running back tandems in the NFL.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?