Updated Jan 30, 2012 - 8:29 am
Larry Fitzgerald shines in Pro Bowl loss
Fitz caught 6 passes for 111 yards and 3 touchdowns, including two scores in the game's first 6 minutes. The NFC opened the scoring when Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers found Fitzgerald in the end zone with 9:14 left in the first quarter. After an onside kick that was recovered by the NFC, Rodgers hooked up with Fitzgerald again, just :09 later.
The third touchdown came in the fourth quarter with AFC in command, when Carolina rookie Cam Newton threw a 36-yard scoring strike to Fitzgerald.
As great as Fitzgerald was on Sunday, Miami's Brandon Marshall one-upped him. Marshall snared 6 catches for 176 yards and a Pro Bowl-record four touchdowns. Marshall caught scoring passes from each of the AFC's quarterbacks -- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger, San Diego's Philip Rivers and Andy Dalton of Cincinnati, and was named the game's MVP.
At least season's Pro Bowl, Fitzgerald caught just one pass, but it was good for a touchdown in the NFC's 55-41 win.
Cardinals rookie Patrick Peterson also made his mark in his first Pro Bowl, intercepting a pass and returning 4 kicks for an average of 30.8 yards.
Safety Adrian Wilson registered a pass defensed.
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.