Updated Jan 30, 2012 - 8:29 am
Larry Fitzgerald shines in Pro Bowl loss
Fitz caught 6 passes for 111 yards and 3 touchdowns, including two scores in the game's first 6 minutes. The NFC opened the scoring when Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers found Fitzgerald in the end zone with 9:14 left in the first quarter. After an onside kick that was recovered by the NFC, Rodgers hooked up with Fitzgerald again, just :09 later.
The third touchdown came in the fourth quarter with AFC in command, when Carolina rookie Cam Newton threw a 36-yard scoring strike to Fitzgerald.
As great as Fitzgerald was on Sunday, Miami's Brandon Marshall one-upped him. Marshall snared 6 catches for 176 yards and a Pro Bowl-record four touchdowns. Marshall caught scoring passes from each of the AFC's quarterbacks -- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger, San Diego's Philip Rivers and Andy Dalton of Cincinnati, and was named the game's MVP.
At least season's Pro Bowl, Fitzgerald caught just one pass, but it was good for a touchdown in the NFC's 55-41 win.
Cardinals rookie Patrick Peterson also made his mark in his first Pro Bowl, intercepting a pass and returning 4 kicks for an average of 30.8 yards.
Safety Adrian Wilson registered a pass defensed.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?