Updated Jan 30, 2012 - 8:29 am
Larry Fitzgerald shines in Pro Bowl loss
Fitz caught 6 passes for 111 yards and 3 touchdowns, including two scores in the game's first 6 minutes. The NFC opened the scoring when Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers found Fitzgerald in the end zone with 9:14 left in the first quarter. After an onside kick that was recovered by the NFC, Rodgers hooked up with Fitzgerald again, just :09 later.
The third touchdown came in the fourth quarter with AFC in command, when Carolina rookie Cam Newton threw a 36-yard scoring strike to Fitzgerald.
As great as Fitzgerald was on Sunday, Miami's Brandon Marshall one-upped him. Marshall snared 6 catches for 176 yards and a Pro Bowl-record four touchdowns. Marshall caught scoring passes from each of the AFC's quarterbacks -- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger, San Diego's Philip Rivers and Andy Dalton of Cincinnati, and was named the game's MVP.
At least season's Pro Bowl, Fitzgerald caught just one pass, but it was good for a touchdown in the NFC's 55-41 win.
Cardinals rookie Patrick Peterson also made his mark in his first Pro Bowl, intercepting a pass and returning 4 kicks for an average of 30.8 yards.
Safety Adrian Wilson registered a pass defensed.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.