Larry Fitzgerald shines in Pro Bowl loss
Fitz caught 6 passes for 111 yards and 3 touchdowns, including two scores in the game's first 6 minutes. The NFC opened the scoring when Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers found Fitzgerald in the end zone with 9:14 left in the first quarter. After an onside kick that was recovered by the NFC, Rodgers hooked up with Fitzgerald again, just :09 later.
The third touchdown came in the fourth quarter with AFC in command, when Carolina rookie Cam Newton threw a 36-yard scoring strike to Fitzgerald.
As great as Fitzgerald was on Sunday, Miami's Brandon Marshall one-upped him. Marshall snared 6 catches for 176 yards and a Pro Bowl-record four touchdowns. Marshall caught scoring passes from each of the AFC's quarterbacks -- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger, San Diego's Philip Rivers and Andy Dalton of Cincinnati, and was named the game's MVP.
At least season's Pro Bowl, Fitzgerald caught just one pass, but it was good for a touchdown in the NFC's 55-41 win.
Cardinals rookie Patrick Peterson also made his mark in his first Pro Bowl, intercepting a pass and returning 4 kicks for an average of 30.8 yards.
Safety Adrian Wilson registered a pass defensed.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.