NFL great doesn't want Peyton Manning in Arizona
Sounds good, doesn't it?
Well, to many of us yes, yes it does. But for former NFL QB and current NFL analyst Joe Theismann, that's not exactly the case.
"If he can go out and play, let him be an Indianapolis Colt," Theismann told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday.
Theismann said the issue with Manning going somewhere else is that the new team is not "getting a quarterback," but instead getting a player who spent 14 years in a system and is the offensive coordinator.
"In his 15th year of football, what sense does it make going to a team for a couple of years, especially with very little around him," he asked.
That the Cardinals would have very little to surround Manning with is up for debate, but Theismann is right when he says it is not as simple as just adding a new QB and watching him throw darts all over the field. NFL offenses are complex, and it takes time for a player to fully grasp his responsibilities.
"It would be a bad move for Arizona to take him," Theismann said, adding that it would be a bad idea for Manning to leave Indianapolis for any other team, Cardinals or not.
"The only move he should make out of Indianapolis is to a couch," he said.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.