Updated Jan 31, 2012 - 10:59 am
Tampa Bay not giving up on adding Cardinals assistant
McNulty is under contract with the Cardinals, however, and the team has refused to let him interview for the job, meaning Schiano and his team should be moving on to another candidate. Or not.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs still hope they'll be able to pry McNulty away from Arizona.
Considering the investment the Bucs have in quarterback Josh Freeman, offensive coordinator is arguably the most critical hire on Schiano's staff. It's believed that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt made the call on prohibiting McNulty from interviewing with the Bucs.
Because it's such an important hire, the Bucs still are working behind the scenes to acquire McNulty, the Times confirmed. The effort may include an appeal directly to Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill. But it's hard to imagine the Cardinals reversing course at this point.
Chances are the Bidwills will not go behind their coach's back and let McNulty interview for the job, but it the fact that the team's WR coach is being courted to be another squad's offensive coordinator speaks volumes about what kind of staff Whisenhunt has assembled.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!