Updated Jan 31, 2012 - 10:59 am
Tampa Bay not giving up on adding Cardinals assistant
McNulty is under contract with the Cardinals, however, and the team has refused to let him interview for the job, meaning Schiano and his team should be moving on to another candidate. Or not.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs still hope they'll be able to pry McNulty away from Arizona.
Considering the investment the Bucs have in quarterback Josh Freeman, offensive coordinator is arguably the most critical hire on Schiano's staff. It's believed that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt made the call on prohibiting McNulty from interviewing with the Bucs.
Because it's such an important hire, the Bucs still are working behind the scenes to acquire McNulty, the Times confirmed. The effort may include an appeal directly to Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill. But it's hard to imagine the Cardinals reversing course at this point.
Chances are the Bidwills will not go behind their coach's back and let McNulty interview for the job, but it the fact that the team's WR coach is being courted to be another squad's offensive coordinator speaks volumes about what kind of staff Whisenhunt has assembled.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.