Updated Jan 31, 2012 - 10:59 am
Tampa Bay not giving up on adding Cardinals assistant
McNulty is under contract with the Cardinals, however, and the team has refused to let him interview for the job, meaning Schiano and his team should be moving on to another candidate. Or not.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs still hope they'll be able to pry McNulty away from Arizona.
Considering the investment the Bucs have in quarterback Josh Freeman, offensive coordinator is arguably the most critical hire on Schiano's staff. It's believed that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt made the call on prohibiting McNulty from interviewing with the Bucs.
Because it's such an important hire, the Bucs still are working behind the scenes to acquire McNulty, the Times confirmed. The effort may include an appeal directly to Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill. But it's hard to imagine the Cardinals reversing course at this point.
Chances are the Bidwills will not go behind their coach's back and let McNulty interview for the job, but it the fact that the team's WR coach is being courted to be another squad's offensive coordinator speaks volumes about what kind of staff Whisenhunt has assembled.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?