Updated Feb 7, 2012 - 10:30 am
Warner: It's all about finding the right fit for Peyton Manning
That could be the determining factor for where the future Hall of Famer plays next season, according to former Cardinal Kurt Warner, and as of now he's unsure of where Manning will end up.
"I believe he wants it to be in Indianapolis, but I'm not sure he or anyone else believes that's in the cards," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "That becomes the next challenge; if it's not Indianapolis, you've got to find the right fit for Peyton Manning."
Warner said the team will have to be able to protect the 36-year-old QB, especially as he's returning from a serious injury, as well as tailor its offense to fit Manning's skill-set.
The Cardinals' coaching staff has proven it is willing to adapt to fit the QB, as the team was very pass-heavy when Warner was under center. However, the offensive line could be an issue, as it ranks near the bottom of the NFL in pass protection.
And the possibility of repeatedly getting hit by defenders may just be enough to steer Manning away from Arizona.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.