Updated Feb 7, 2012 - 10:30 am
Warner: It's all about finding the right fit for Peyton Manning
That could be the determining factor for where the future Hall of Famer plays next season, according to former Cardinal Kurt Warner, and as of now he's unsure of where Manning will end up.
"I believe he wants it to be in Indianapolis, but I'm not sure he or anyone else believes that's in the cards," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "That becomes the next challenge; if it's not Indianapolis, you've got to find the right fit for Peyton Manning."
Warner said the team will have to be able to protect the 36-year-old QB, especially as he's returning from a serious injury, as well as tailor its offense to fit Manning's skill-set.
The Cardinals' coaching staff has proven it is willing to adapt to fit the QB, as the team was very pass-heavy when Warner was under center. However, the offensive line could be an issue, as it ranks near the bottom of the NFL in pass protection.
And the possibility of repeatedly getting hit by defenders may just be enough to steer Manning away from Arizona.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!