Updated Feb 7, 2012 - 10:30 am
Warner: It's all about finding the right fit for Peyton Manning
That could be the determining factor for where the future Hall of Famer plays next season, according to former Cardinal Kurt Warner, and as of now he's unsure of where Manning will end up.
"I believe he wants it to be in Indianapolis, but I'm not sure he or anyone else believes that's in the cards," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "That becomes the next challenge; if it's not Indianapolis, you've got to find the right fit for Peyton Manning."
Warner said the team will have to be able to protect the 36-year-old QB, especially as he's returning from a serious injury, as well as tailor its offense to fit Manning's skill-set.
The Cardinals' coaching staff has proven it is willing to adapt to fit the QB, as the team was very pass-heavy when Warner was under center. However, the offensive line could be an issue, as it ranks near the bottom of the NFL in pass protection.
And the possibility of repeatedly getting hit by defenders may just be enough to steer Manning away from Arizona.
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves