Updated Feb 7, 2012 - 10:30 am
Warner: It's all about finding the right fit for Peyton Manning
That could be the determining factor for where the future Hall of Famer plays next season, according to former Cardinal Kurt Warner, and as of now he's unsure of where Manning will end up.
"I believe he wants it to be in Indianapolis, but I'm not sure he or anyone else believes that's in the cards," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "That becomes the next challenge; if it's not Indianapolis, you've got to find the right fit for Peyton Manning."
Warner said the team will have to be able to protect the 36-year-old QB, especially as he's returning from a serious injury, as well as tailor its offense to fit Manning's skill-set.
The Cardinals' coaching staff has proven it is willing to adapt to fit the QB, as the team was very pass-heavy when Warner was under center. However, the offensive line could be an issue, as it ranks near the bottom of the NFL in pass protection.
And the possibility of repeatedly getting hit by defenders may just be enough to steer Manning away from Arizona.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.