Updated Feb 7, 2012 - 10:30 am
Warner: It's all about finding the right fit for Peyton Manning
That could be the determining factor for where the future Hall of Famer plays next season, according to former Cardinal Kurt Warner, and as of now he's unsure of where Manning will end up.
"I believe he wants it to be in Indianapolis, but I'm not sure he or anyone else believes that's in the cards," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "That becomes the next challenge; if it's not Indianapolis, you've got to find the right fit for Peyton Manning."
Warner said the team will have to be able to protect the 36-year-old QB, especially as he's returning from a serious injury, as well as tailor its offense to fit Manning's skill-set.
The Cardinals' coaching staff has proven it is willing to adapt to fit the QB, as the team was very pass-heavy when Warner was under center. However, the offensive line could be an issue, as it ranks near the bottom of the NFL in pass protection.
And the possibility of repeatedly getting hit by defenders may just be enough to steer Manning away from Arizona.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.