Updated Feb 7, 2012 - 2:04 pm
Warner doesn't see Cardinals as a great fit for Manning
A guest on Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday, Warner said he thinks Miami is a likely destination for Manning.
"Although I still make the contention that I think the perfect spot for him would be San Francisco," he said.
"With all the pieces there, with that defense and the young offensive line they've invested in," Warner continued, "I know Alex Smith had a great season and I'm happy for him and I've love to see him back."
Warner said if he was Manning he'd be looking for a place he will be protected and can win a Super Bowl, and while the 49ers could be that place, he's not sure anyone is linking the Cards' NFC West rival to the soon to be ex- Colt.
"Not that they couldn't, but I just think with what transpired and the situation here that it would be a tough fit," he said. "But not to say it couldn't happen."
The Peyton Manning saga is in full swing, and the ups and downs that have come with it are certainly enough to keep most level-headed Cardinals fans cautiously optimistic -- at best.
However, if Warner is right and the Cardinals are not a good fit for the soon-to-be former Colt, the hope would have to be that the 49ers aren't an option, either.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b