Updated Feb 7, 2012 - 2:04 pm
Warner doesn't see Cardinals as a great fit for Manning
A guest on Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday, Warner said he thinks Miami is a likely destination for Manning.
"Although I still make the contention that I think the perfect spot for him would be San Francisco," he said.
"With all the pieces there, with that defense and the young offensive line they've invested in," Warner continued, "I know Alex Smith had a great season and I'm happy for him and I've love to see him back."
Warner said if he was Manning he'd be looking for a place he will be protected and can win a Super Bowl, and while the 49ers could be that place, he's not sure anyone is linking the Cards' NFC West rival to the soon to be ex- Colt.
"Not that they couldn't, but I just think with what transpired and the situation here that it would be a tough fit," he said. "But not to say it couldn't happen."
The Peyton Manning saga is in full swing, and the ups and downs that have come with it are certainly enough to keep most level-headed Cardinals fans cautiously optimistic -- at best.
However, if Warner is right and the Cardinals are not a good fit for the soon-to-be former Colt, the hope would have to be that the 49ers aren't an option, either.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.