Updated Feb 7, 2012 - 2:04 pm
Warner doesn't see Cardinals as a great fit for Manning
A guest on Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday, Warner said he thinks Miami is a likely destination for Manning.
"Although I still make the contention that I think the perfect spot for him would be San Francisco," he said.
"With all the pieces there, with that defense and the young offensive line they've invested in," Warner continued, "I know Alex Smith had a great season and I'm happy for him and I've love to see him back."
Warner said if he was Manning he'd be looking for a place he will be protected and can win a Super Bowl, and while the 49ers could be that place, he's not sure anyone is linking the Cards' NFC West rival to the soon to be ex- Colt.
"Not that they couldn't, but I just think with what transpired and the situation here that it would be a tough fit," he said. "But not to say it couldn't happen."
The Peyton Manning saga is in full swing, and the ups and downs that have come with it are certainly enough to keep most level-headed Cardinals fans cautiously optimistic -- at best.
However, if Warner is right and the Cardinals are not a good fit for the soon-to-be former Colt, the hope would have to be that the 49ers aren't an option, either.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.