Updated Feb 14, 2012 - 11:01 am
Newsmakers Week: Bidwill mum on Peyton Manning talk
If you tuned in to hear Bidwill's thoughts on the seeming never-ending Peyton Manning-to-Arizona discussion, sorry.
"You guys can ask all the questions you want, I'm just not answering them," Bidwill joked during his in-studio visit. However, he did somewhat step into the shoes of Jim Irsay, and discussed the momentous quarterback decision the Colts president is facing
"You know you're not going to make every right decision but you try to make the best decision for the club and the best decision for the long term of the success of the club," Bidwill said.
"For me, I think the most important thing about a sellout, each individual one, it's that shared experience of being at a live NFL game and watching the action," he said. "The television doesn't pick up nearly everything that's going on inside the stadium -- the emotion, the feeling of what the players are doing on the sideline, what the players are doing out on the field.
"It's also about opposing teams coming into University of Phoenix Stadium, that's a daunting place to come in. Everybody's talking around the league that this is still one of the best stadiums in the National Football League, but it's one that they fear coming into because it's so loud and our fans are so great."
The Cardinals take Indy: The annual NFL Scouting Combine will be held later this month in Indianapolis, and the Cardinals will have a very strong presence to say the least.
The Cardinals, of course, own the 13th overall selection and a lot needs to be done before a player poses with Roger Goodell in Arizona garb on April 26. Bidwill is looking forward to his time in Indiana.
"Every year I go. It gives me a chance to see some of the players that we're looking at in person and spend 15 minutes with them during the interviews," he said.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.