ESPN's Hasselbeck says Cardinals are best fit for Manning
Tim Hasselbeck, who was on the Cardinals' roster in 2007, said coach Ken Whisenhunt has shown a willingness to adjust his system to fit a star QB before.
"It's what the Cardinals did with Kurt Warner," he told ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike. "Ken Whisenhunt had no problem doing things differently for Kurt than he was doing for Ben Roethlisberger when he was the offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh."
Indeed, while many thought Whisenhunt would bring a smash- mouth style of football to the desert, the truth is he has been far more apt to watch his QBs sling the ball all over the field rather than simply handing it off.
That's how a player like Warner was able to resuscitate his career and the Cardinals were able to win a pair of NFC West titles and reach the Super Bowl.
But, besides the fact that Manning has yet to hit the open market, one thing that may prevent the Cardinals from going after the QB is the fact that they gave another signal caller big money just last offseason.
Hasselbeck said that shouldn't be an issue.
"I understand you made moves to go get Kevin Kolb, but you may see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to get Peyton Manning," he said.
It would be, but so far the opportunity has yet to present itself. If and when it does, we'll see if the Cardinals are ready and willing to go after one of the best QBs the NFL has ever seen.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.