No surprise: Cardinals tackles struggled in pass protection
Whether it was Kevin Kolb or John Skelton, it seemed like there was pressure on nearly every pass play.
Well, according to ProFootballFocus.com, Arizona's trio of Levi Brown, Jeremy Bridges and Brandon Keith deserve a good share of the blame.
The site ranked pass blocking efficiency for all of the NFL's tackles, and all three ranked in the bottom 20.
Keith was the worst of the bunch, allowing pressure on 31 of 321 pass block snaps. Brown allowed 56 pressures on 620 snaps, and Bridges 26 on 319.
In other words, if a Cardinals QB was under duress, chances are you could point to the tackles as the reason.
That's why it will be interesting to see what the Cardinals do this off-season, as Keith is a free agent and Brown is likely to become one.
Will either be brought back? How about both? Either way something has to change, as the Cardinals passing game will never be able to take flight as long as their tackles remain some of the worst pass blockers in the NFL.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.