Updated Feb 20, 2012 - 11:27 am
No surprise: Cardinals tackles struggled in pass protection
Whether it was Kevin Kolb or John Skelton, it seemed like there was pressure on nearly every pass play.
Well, according to ProFootballFocus.com, Arizona's trio of Levi Brown, Jeremy Bridges and Brandon Keith deserve a good share of the blame.
The site ranked pass blocking efficiency for all of the NFL's tackles, and all three ranked in the bottom 20.
Keith was the worst of the bunch, allowing pressure on 31 of 321 pass block snaps. Brown allowed 56 pressures on 620 snaps, and Bridges 26 on 319.
In other words, if a Cardinals QB was under duress, chances are you could point to the tackles as the reason.
That's why it will be interesting to see what the Cardinals do this off-season, as Keith is a free agent and Brown is likely to become one.
Will either be brought back? How about both? Either way something has to change, as the Cardinals passing game will never be able to take flight as long as their tackles remain some of the worst pass blockers in the NFL.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.