Updated Feb 20, 2012 - 1:47 pm
Forget Manning, could Cardinals be interested in Flynn?
Green Bay's Matt Flynn, who has impressed in a limited number of starts, figures to latch on somewhere as a starting quarterback, and while the Dolphins, Browns, Redskins and Seahawks all figure to be in on the QB, this is a road the Cardinals already traveled once before.
Still, as Sessler writes:
The Jets could pursue a free-agent passer and don't count out the Cardinals.
Arizona, of course, took the bait on last year's big free- agent arm, Kevin Kolb, paying him $63 million over five years, only to watch him go 2-6 as a starter.
Would the Cardinals really cut last year's Kevin Kolb, Kolb, in favor of this year's version?
Though Flynn is just 26 and has shown some serious skill in limited action, the very fact that Kolb struggled last year would give anyone pause on handing the unproven signal caller a big contract -- especially the Cardinals.
Flynn may have all the tools to become a good starting quarterback for an NFL team, and chances are good some team will take a chance on him this summer.
Just don't expect that team to be the Arizona Cardinals.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!