Updated Feb 20, 2012 - 1:47 pm
Forget Manning, could Cardinals be interested in Flynn?
Green Bay's Matt Flynn, who has impressed in a limited number of starts, figures to latch on somewhere as a starting quarterback, and while the Dolphins, Browns, Redskins and Seahawks all figure to be in on the QB, this is a road the Cardinals already traveled once before.
Still, as Sessler writes:
The Jets could pursue a free-agent passer and don't count out the Cardinals.
Arizona, of course, took the bait on last year's big free- agent arm, Kevin Kolb, paying him $63 million over five years, only to watch him go 2-6 as a starter.
Would the Cardinals really cut last year's Kevin Kolb, Kolb, in favor of this year's version?
Though Flynn is just 26 and has shown some serious skill in limited action, the very fact that Kolb struggled last year would give anyone pause on handing the unproven signal caller a big contract -- especially the Cardinals.
Flynn may have all the tools to become a good starting quarterback for an NFL team, and chances are good some team will take a chance on him this summer.
Just don't expect that team to be the Arizona Cardinals.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?