Updated Feb 20, 2012 - 1:47 pm
Forget Manning, could Cardinals be interested in Flynn?
Green Bay's Matt Flynn, who has impressed in a limited number of starts, figures to latch on somewhere as a starting quarterback, and while the Dolphins, Browns, Redskins and Seahawks all figure to be in on the QB, this is a road the Cardinals already traveled once before.
Still, as Sessler writes:
The Jets could pursue a free-agent passer and don't count out the Cardinals.
Arizona, of course, took the bait on last year's big free- agent arm, Kevin Kolb, paying him $63 million over five years, only to watch him go 2-6 as a starter.
Would the Cardinals really cut last year's Kevin Kolb, Kolb, in favor of this year's version?
Though Flynn is just 26 and has shown some serious skill in limited action, the very fact that Kolb struggled last year would give anyone pause on handing the unproven signal caller a big contract -- especially the Cardinals.
Flynn may have all the tools to become a good starting quarterback for an NFL team, and chances are good some team will take a chance on him this summer.
Just don't expect that team to be the Arizona Cardinals.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.