Updated Feb 20, 2012 - 1:47 pm
Forget Manning, could Cardinals be interested in Flynn?
Green Bay's Matt Flynn, who has impressed in a limited number of starts, figures to latch on somewhere as a starting quarterback, and while the Dolphins, Browns, Redskins and Seahawks all figure to be in on the QB, this is a road the Cardinals already traveled once before.
Still, as Sessler writes:
The Jets could pursue a free-agent passer and don't count out the Cardinals.
Arizona, of course, took the bait on last year's big free- agent arm, Kevin Kolb, paying him $63 million over five years, only to watch him go 2-6 as a starter.
Would the Cardinals really cut last year's Kevin Kolb, Kolb, in favor of this year's version?
Though Flynn is just 26 and has shown some serious skill in limited action, the very fact that Kolb struggled last year would give anyone pause on handing the unproven signal caller a big contract -- especially the Cardinals.
Flynn may have all the tools to become a good starting quarterback for an NFL team, and chances are good some team will take a chance on him this summer.
Just don't expect that team to be the Arizona Cardinals.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals wrap up preseason with some telling stats: By The Numbers
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.