Forget Manning, could Cardinals be interested in Flynn?
Green Bay's Matt Flynn, who has impressed in a limited number of starts, figures to latch on somewhere as a starting quarterback, and while the Dolphins, Browns, Redskins and Seahawks all figure to be in on the QB, this is a road the Cardinals already traveled once before.
Still, as Sessler writes:
The Jets could pursue a free-agent passer and don't count out the Cardinals.
Arizona, of course, took the bait on last year's big free- agent arm, Kevin Kolb, paying him $63 million over five years, only to watch him go 2-6 as a starter.
Would the Cardinals really cut last year's Kevin Kolb, Kolb, in favor of this year's version?
Though Flynn is just 26 and has shown some serious skill in limited action, the very fact that Kolb struggled last year would give anyone pause on handing the unproven signal caller a big contract -- especially the Cardinals.
Flynn may have all the tools to become a good starting quarterback for an NFL team, and chances are good some team will take a chance on him this summer.
Just don't expect that team to be the Arizona Cardinals.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.