Updated Feb 22, 2012 - 10:43 am
ProFootballFocus: Cardinals line is improving
Yes, you read that right.
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Arizona had the 21st-best offensive line last season, up from its 25th- place finish the year before.
The site says the Cardinals ranked 7th in run blocking and 30th in pass protection, while finishing 2nd in penalties.
It's proving to be a very slow process, but the Cardinals are getting better along their offensive line. Though Daryn Colledge failed to justify the price tag, he showed himself to be an upgrade on a line that is far better attacking defenders than it is protecting it's quarterback. They still need more consistency at both tackle spots, but this appears a line on the rise.
The best player, according to the site, was Lyle Sendlein, who they say allowed more pressure than you'd like to see from a center but has proven to be a solid player the last couple years.
The worst member of the line, though, was also the most confusing, as Levi Brown was a disaster in the first half of the year but "finally looked like the player he was drafted to be" in the last eight games.
So what does this all mean? Well, the Cardinals need to improve their pass blocking -- which we knew -- but otherwise are not too bad up front.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.