Updated Feb 22, 2012 - 10:43 am
ProFootballFocus: Cardinals line is improving
Yes, you read that right.
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Arizona had the 21st-best offensive line last season, up from its 25th- place finish the year before.
The site says the Cardinals ranked 7th in run blocking and 30th in pass protection, while finishing 2nd in penalties.
It's proving to be a very slow process, but the Cardinals are getting better along their offensive line. Though Daryn Colledge failed to justify the price tag, he showed himself to be an upgrade on a line that is far better attacking defenders than it is protecting it's quarterback. They still need more consistency at both tackle spots, but this appears a line on the rise.
The best player, according to the site, was Lyle Sendlein, who they say allowed more pressure than you'd like to see from a center but has proven to be a solid player the last couple years.
The worst member of the line, though, was also the most confusing, as Levi Brown was a disaster in the first half of the year but "finally looked like the player he was drafted to be" in the last eight games.
So what does this all mean? Well, the Cardinals need to improve their pass blocking -- which we knew -- but otherwise are not too bad up front.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!