Updated Feb 22, 2012 - 10:43 am
ProFootballFocus: Cardinals line is improving
Yes, you read that right.
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Arizona had the 21st-best offensive line last season, up from its 25th- place finish the year before.
The site says the Cardinals ranked 7th in run blocking and 30th in pass protection, while finishing 2nd in penalties.
It's proving to be a very slow process, but the Cardinals are getting better along their offensive line. Though Daryn Colledge failed to justify the price tag, he showed himself to be an upgrade on a line that is far better attacking defenders than it is protecting it's quarterback. They still need more consistency at both tackle spots, but this appears a line on the rise.
The best player, according to the site, was Lyle Sendlein, who they say allowed more pressure than you'd like to see from a center but has proven to be a solid player the last couple years.
The worst member of the line, though, was also the most confusing, as Levi Brown was a disaster in the first half of the year but "finally looked like the player he was drafted to be" in the last eight games.
So what does this all mean? Well, the Cardinals need to improve their pass blocking -- which we knew -- but otherwise are not too bad up front.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?