Updated Feb 22, 2012 - 10:43 am
ProFootballFocus: Cardinals line is improving
Yes, you read that right.
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Arizona had the 21st-best offensive line last season, up from its 25th- place finish the year before.
The site says the Cardinals ranked 7th in run blocking and 30th in pass protection, while finishing 2nd in penalties.
It's proving to be a very slow process, but the Cardinals are getting better along their offensive line. Though Daryn Colledge failed to justify the price tag, he showed himself to be an upgrade on a line that is far better attacking defenders than it is protecting it's quarterback. They still need more consistency at both tackle spots, but this appears a line on the rise.
The best player, according to the site, was Lyle Sendlein, who they say allowed more pressure than you'd like to see from a center but has proven to be a solid player the last couple years.
The worst member of the line, though, was also the most confusing, as Levi Brown was a disaster in the first half of the year but "finally looked like the player he was drafted to be" in the last eight games.
So what does this all mean? Well, the Cardinals need to improve their pass blocking -- which we knew -- but otherwise are not too bad up front.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!