Updated Feb 22, 2012 - 10:43 am
ProFootballFocus: Cardinals line is improving
Yes, you read that right.
According to ProFootballFocus.com, Arizona had the 21st-best offensive line last season, up from its 25th- place finish the year before.
The site says the Cardinals ranked 7th in run blocking and 30th in pass protection, while finishing 2nd in penalties.
It's proving to be a very slow process, but the Cardinals are getting better along their offensive line. Though Daryn Colledge failed to justify the price tag, he showed himself to be an upgrade on a line that is far better attacking defenders than it is protecting it's quarterback. They still need more consistency at both tackle spots, but this appears a line on the rise.
The best player, according to the site, was Lyle Sendlein, who they say allowed more pressure than you'd like to see from a center but has proven to be a solid player the last couple years.
The worst member of the line, though, was also the most confusing, as Levi Brown was a disaster in the first half of the year but "finally looked like the player he was drafted to be" in the last eight games.
So what does this all mean? Well, the Cardinals need to improve their pass blocking -- which we knew -- but otherwise are not too bad up front.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.